The Deck House
The Old Part
NEW COVID-19 GUIDELINES
If you are expecting to join us soon, please take time to read the new guidelines to make sure your lunch or dinner experience with us runs as smoothly and safely as possible during these strange times!
- All customers must wear a face covering unless sat at a table. All of our staff will be wearing face masks to protect our customers as well.
- Please only enter through the front door & exit through either of our side doors. This is so we can create a one-way system to avoid crowding.
- Once seated, you will be given a track and trace form which legally has to be filled out by each individual.
- We can no longer split tables, so the maximum amount of people is 6 per group and please do not book if you are from multiple households as we don’t want to have to turn anyone away.
- There is no approaching the bar, please stay seated until a server comes to you if you would like anything else. It is all table service now, so sit down, relax and let us do it all for you!
- We are not using every table at the moment due to the social distancing rules so please be patient for a member of staff to find a suitable table for you!
- We must be closed by 11pm, so we’ve changed our evening serving time from 6:30pm-9pm to 6pm-8:30pm.
- Finally, we appreciate your patience and ask that everyone be respectful to staff as it’s new to us all!
Booking is not a necessity, you’re welcome just to come along. We look forward to seeing you very soon!
The Peldon Rose Team ❤
Important information regarding our reopening after Lockdown.
Family pub and accommodation near Colchester
Come and sample some of our freshly prepared dishes – we are sure that you will leave with a contented feeling and above all happy taste buds and a longing to visit us again.
But please take a look at our menu.
We also have a most comfortable and relaxing indoor restaurant within the pub and along with our beautiful outdoor seating we provide the perfect place to relax and enjoy some great home cooked food.
With the sun out and a gentle breeze beside our massive pond it really does become a tranquil place to be.
It’s the perfect family pub because the kids can play safely close by while the adults relax, socialise and enjoy the
attractive surroundings and without a doubt we are dog friendly.
If you would like to stay with us or have some friends or family coming to visit, we offer comfortable accommodation. Please see our accommodation information.